Re: [Chicken-users] spiffy, remote-address, X-Forwarded-For

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] spiffy, remote-address, X-Forwarded-For
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:57:55 +0200

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:46:07PM -0400, John J Foerch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a feature request for spiffy.
>
> The background: I set up an awful-based web app behind an apache2
> reverse proxy.  Awful/spiffy is listening locally on port 8080, and
> apache2 delivers requests to it via mod_rewrite with the [P] (proxy)
> flag.

> Under this configuration, the spiffy call (remote-address) always
> returns "127.0.0.1", because all requests come from the reverse proxy.

I can imagine this being a problem.  I'll need to think about how to add
it to Spiffy, but I shall add support for the header to intarweb RSN,
this would at least save you from having to string-split the header
contents all the time.

I've created a ticket to track this feature request:
https://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/564

Cheers,
Peter
--