Re: [Chicken-users] Generic RDBMS Interface [Was: Re: Creating Windows G

From: matt welland
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Generic RDBMS Interface [Was: Re: Creating Windows GUI App]
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 06:27:09 -0700

On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 14:35 +0200, Thomas Chust wrote:

> [...]
> There will be one important
> architectural difference: I want to make the selection of the backend
> driver modular and dynamic so that adding a new driver never requires
> any changes in the DBI egg's code and ideally using the new driver
> will also not require any change in client code using the DBI egg.

This sounds really good. My wish list for a dbi: ability to use two or
more different db backends simultaneously in the same code (a given?),
optional control over how rows are returned (e.g. list of lists, vectors
or records), and a simple and familiar api (I'm partial to sql-de-lite's
api).

Cheers,

Matt
-=-