Re: [Chicken-users] ANN: Test version of new egg release system availabl

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ANN: Test version of new egg release system available
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:09:46 +0200

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 09:03:50PM -0500, Peter Danenberg wrote:
> Quoth Peter Bex on Prickle-Prickle, the 16th of Discord:
> Fantastic work, guys; I wish I would have been at Köln: it sounds like
> it was an orgy of rapid development.

It was insanely fun!

> Whose responsible for updating egg-locations, by the way: the usual
> suspects, or anyone with an svn account?

We're actually still looking for a good way to handle this.  Currently
egg authors must contact one of the "usual suspects" to have them update
or add a location.

I'm just brainstorming here, but maybe we can create a file per user
that they can then maintain themselves, which are automatically
concatenated on the computers where henrietta-cache is running.
Maybe with a pre-commit hook to prevent people from entering invalid
files and egg names that are already "taken".

Or maybe an interface could be made to add and manage eggs.

Not sure yet!

Cheers,
Peter
--