Re: [Chicken-users] address@hidden: [FOSDEM] Chicken Scheme stand declin

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] address@hidden: [FOSDEM] Chicken Scheme stand declined]
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:17:09 +0100

* felix winkelmann <address@hidden> [101223 14:24]:
> From: Christian Kellermann <address@hidden>
> Subject: [Chicken-users] address@hidden: [FOSDEM] Chicken Scheme stand
> declined]
> Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 19:43:46 +0100
>
> > Dear Chicken Fans,
> >
> > this is the first 'bad news' since a while. Our request for a stand
> > at FOSDEM 2011 has been declined. Nonetheless there might be a
> > chance to get some space in a devroom or we can do something else.
> > As you can see from the mail below I don't know why our application
> > didn't get approval but I guess the increasing popularity of FOSDEM
> > doesn't make life easier for the organizers...
> >
> > So, which way to go?
> >

> Well, space in a devroom would be cool. But if all else fails, we can
> just hang around in a corner with our laptops. Have you figured out
> how to apply for devroom space?

I am not sure where we would fit in. The list is on
http://fosdem.org/2011/call_for_participation:

Accessibility, BSD, Configuration/Systems Management, Crossdesktop,
Data Analytics, Distribution Miniconf, Embedded, Free Java, GNU,
Jabber/XMPP, LibreOffice, Mono, Mozilla, MySQL & friends, New
challenges in Virtualization, Open Source Telephony, Perl, PostgreSQL,
Security / hardware crypto, World of GNUstep

And I think they mean we could try to get a talking slot there, now
that I've read the mail for the 100th time...

So laptops in a corner it would be I guess...

Cheers,

Christian