Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Problems Installing the lookup-table Egg

From: Moritz Heidkamp
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Problems Installing the lookup-table Egg
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 14:41:29 +0100

Hi Ehsanul,

Ehsanul Hoque <address@hidden> writes:
> Thanks for the tip, I just installed ZeroMQ 2.1.0 (I'm afraid I may not even
> had 2.0 installed earlier, as I was possibly confusing which machine I had
> installed it on earlier). However, I'm still getting a similar error
> message, though a bit different now:

[...]

> csc: file `zmq.import.scm' does not exist
> make: Failed to make zmq.so: shell command failed with nonzero exit status

looks very odd to me. Here with Chicken 4.6.3 I only get the errno
warning and apart from that it installs fine (I could not use the
already defined errno because for some reason I always get "Resource
temporarily unavailable: 11" when using it -- maybe I should open a bug
report about this). I think you are using 4.2.0 still, a version which
had quite a few problems as far as I remember. Could you try upgrading
to at least 4.5.0? If you are on Debian or Ubuntu, you can install that
version from the Debian testing repository so you don't have to compile
it yourself. Let me know if that helps!

Moritz