Re: [Chicken-users] Packaging eggs

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Packaging eggs
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 06:16:43 -0400

Hi Felix and folks

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 05:26:18 -0400 (EDT) Felix <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Jim Pryor <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Packaging eggs
> Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 17:53:15 -0400
>
>> files           ; I guess this is obvious
>> file            ; srfi-63 has (file "srfi-63.scm")
>
> Files is obsolete. Henrietta transmits the whole tag/trunk subdirectory.

Maybe we should add a note to the documentation suggesting authors that
files that are not to be installed/used by chicken-install/henrietta
should be put in an `extra' directory, at the same level as `tags' and
`trunk', so the extra files won't be fetched when they are not
necessary.

Since `files' is deprecated, I think it should be removed from the
documentation and, more slowly, from eggs too.

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario