Re: [Chicken-users] supporting a mingw-cygwin environment

From: Martin DeMello
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] supporting a mingw-cygwin environment
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 03:18:59 +0530

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 2:10 AM, Felix
<address@hidden> wrote:

> If this is plain mingw (no MSYS), then you should do
>
>  make PLATFORM=mingw PREFIX=c:/mingw install

That doesn't work because I'm running inside cygwin and it can't find `del`

>> I gave up and installed msys and installed chicken, which then works
>> fine from cygwin. If someone more experienced than me knows how to fix
>> this, though, it would be worth supporting the mingw-within-cygwin use
>> case - I believe it's a reasonably common setup.
>
> You could also try doung a regular cygwin build. mingw only provides
> the compiler in this setup, is that correct?

Yes, or at least that's what I'm trying to do. `make PLATFORM=cygwin`
doesn't work because sysexit.h is missing. `make PLATFORM=mingw-msys`
*almost* works; chicken compiles happily enough, but it dies at the
install stage due to the path issues.

In theory, I'm trying to do mingw build, since I want to end up with a
pure windows executable. I'm just using cygwin for the tool support
because msys is clunky.

martin