Re: [Chicken-users] Re: chicken-install commands

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: chicken-install commands
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 08:41:15 -0400

Hi Felix

On Fri, 14 May 2010 13:12:46 +0200 (CEST) Felix <address@hidden> wrote:

> These options make sense, but will be somewhat subtle to implement,
> I'm afraid.

Indeed.  Not easy at all, as far as I can see.

I've made a very limited version of nest-tool for chicken 4.  I've
placed it at http://parenteses.org/mario/misc/nest-tool.scm

Here's an example session:

$ nest-tool.scm [ <options> ] [ egg ]

<options> are:

--help               This message
--list[=<pattern>]   List eggs.  If <pattern> (a regex) is provided,
--show only
                     eggs whose name match <pattern>.
--no-synopsis:       Don't show synopsis
--no-author:         Don't show author
--no-dependencies:   Don't show dependencies
--no-test-dependencies: Don't show test dependencies
--no-license:        Don't show license
--no-category:       Don't show category

$ nest-tool.scm --list
<listing of all eggs here>

$ nest-tool.scm --list="spiffy.*"
spiffy
spiffy-cookies
spiffy-request-vars
spiffy-uri-match

$ nest-tool.scm spiffy
[spiffy] A small but powerful web server
  - Category: web
  - License: BSD
  - Author: Felix Winkelmann
  - Dependencies: openssl, (intarweb 0.3), uri-common, defstruct,
  sendfile, matchable
  - Test dependencies: test

It's very rough and inefficient (pointless, in some sense). It needs to
download all the egg files to get the meta file.

> Note that henrietta already supports listing the available
> eggs:
>
>   http://chicken.kitten-technologies.co.uk/henrietta.cgi?list=1
>
> We should create a ticket for this.

I can create a "Not urgent at all" one. :-)

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario