Re: [Chicken-users] utf8 egg and byte-* procedures

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] utf8 egg and byte-* procedures
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:53:46 -0400

Jeronimo Pellegrini scripsit:

> >     (import utf8)
> >     (import (rename scheme (string-length byte-string-length)))
>
> Anyway, I tried what you suggested but it didn't work:

No, it wouldn't, because the import above brings in all of the
"scheme" library, renaming one procedure.  What you want is

(import (rename (only scheme string-length) (string-length byte-string-length)))

which imports just a single symbol, renaming it.  You need to be sure
to load the utf8 egg, perhaps with (use utf8), which both loads it and
imports it.

--
John Cowan   http://ccil.org/~cowan   address@hidden
'My young friend, if you do not now, immediately and instantly, pull