Re: [Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:01:13 -0500

Mark Carter scripsit:

> I haven't fully digested it myself, so I'll probably take a closer
> look at it tomorrow. I think the upshot is that we ought to be able
> to get chicken-install to work without renaming it - it's a case of
> sorting out its "manifest". Windows, don't you just love it.

http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg04773.html gives
a recipe for embedding manifests into executables, which should probably
always be done on Cygwin and MinGW builds rather than renaming.

--
A witness cannot give evidence of his           John Cowan
age unless he can remember being born.          address@hidden