Re: [Chicken-users] Wikipedia

From: Alaric Snell-Pym
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Wikipedia
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:52:06 +0100

On 22 Oct 2009, at 4:54 am, John Cowan wrote:

I spotted one error: in a let loop, the loop identifier is not just
callable
in a "procedure-like" way.  It's bound to an actual first-class
procedure
which can be exported from the loop and called at any time.

Y'know, if I'd thought about it, I'd have expected that to be the case
- but I'd only ever thought of using the loop identifier within the
static and dynamic scope of the loop, as my brain is still steeped in
lingering traces of C.

Mmmm, beautiful delicious Scheme; how I wish I was using you in my day
job.

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym