Re: [Chicken-users] Problem with (symbol->string) in Chicken 4.0

From: William Ramsay
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problem with (symbol->string) in Chicken 4.0
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:59:18 -0400

Can you be a little more explicit in what you mean? Adding that just produces more errors.
John Cowan wrote:
William Ramsay scripsit:

I've recently moved from Chicken-3.4.0  to Chicken-4.0.0.

I've been using a structure macro I got from /Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum Days/ by Dorai Sitaram. It's worked fine in 3.4 but fails in 4.0 and I can figure out why. It fails on line 4 of (define-syntax define-structure) with a compile error starting that s is not a symbol. It is trying to read (define-structure customer ...) at the bottom of the listing. Why is the word customer no longer a symbol?

In Chicken 4, a bare lambda in define-syntax is an explicit-renaming
macro, so the simplest change is this:

(define-syntax define-structure
 (lambda (s . ff)

   (lambda body rename compare)