[Chicken-users] Chicken 3.4 Ubuntu packages

From: underspecified
Subject: [Chicken-users] Chicken 3.4 Ubuntu packages
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:11:56 +0900

Greetings,

I noticed that the Chicken packages in Ubuntu are horribly out of date,
so I have built the Chicken 3.4 debs hosted on chicken.wiki.br and am
hosting them on my repository Ubuntu-NLP
[http://cl.naist.jp/~eric-n/ubuntu-nlp/].
You can install them as follows:

1) Add Ubuntu NLP to your /etc/apt/sources.list file:

# Ubuntu-NLP <http://cl.naist.jp/~eric-n/ubuntu-nlp/>
deb http://cl.naist.jp/~eric-n/ubuntu-nlp <distro> scheme
deb-src http://cl.naist.jp/~eric-n/ubuntu-nlp <distro> scheme

where <distro> is one of the following: gutsy, hardy, intrepid

2) Add my public key to your keyring for package verication:

wget http://cl.naist.jp/~eric-n/ubuntu-nlp/8ABD1965.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -

3) Refresh the apt sources:

$ sudo apt-get update

4) Install chicken-bin;

$ sudo apt-get install chicken-bin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libchicken-dev libchicken3 libpcre3-dev libpcrecpp0
  chicken-bin libchicken-dev libchicken3 libpcre3-dev libpcrecpp0
0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 5691kB/6046kB of archives.
After this operation, 22.3MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y

5) Enjoy the latest chicken under Ubuntu

$ csi

CHICKEN
(c)2008 The Chicken Team
(c)2000-2007 Felix L. Winkelmann
Version 3.4.0 - linux-unix-gnu-x86-64   [ 64bit manyargs dload ptables
applyhook ]
SVN rev. 11987  compiled 2009-02-27 on thyme (Linux)

#;1>

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Eric Nichols
Computational Linguistics Laboratory
Graduate School of Information Science
Nara Institute of Science and Technology
<address@hidden> http://cl.naist.jp/~eric-n/