[Chicken-users] Chicken-Profile exclusive time.

From: Nicholas \"Indy\" Ray
Subject: [Chicken-users] Chicken-Profile exclusive time.
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 15:16:13 -0800

I'm having a problem while trying to profile a program that is taking
far too long,

The program is structured so that it makes tail calls back to prior
functions....

(define (func-a p)
  (if (...)
     (func-a (... p))
     (func-b (... p))))

(define (func-b p)
  (if (...)
     (func-b (... p))
     (func-a (... p))))

(func-a ...)

So, the problem is that func-a will have taken more inclusive time
then func-b but only by the amount of time originally spent in it
before the first call to func-b. After that, all profile information
seems to be very similar, only really offset by the amount of calls.
Which is not a very useful metric because even though a function will
get called less, it'll spend more time in it by virtue of spending
time in the children functions.

Anyways, my program is taking in practically long periods of time, and
any help getting it to profile to get it within a more reasonable
amount of time would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nicholas "Indy" Ray