[Chicken-users] Egg Installation Problem

From: William Ramsay
Subject: [Chicken-users] Egg Installation Problem
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 12:25:37 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to install the xlib egg. I run "chicken-setup xlib" and it downloads and compiles it. I have to be root in order to install it - otherwise I get an error. After installation I run "chicken-setup -list" and, indeed xlib is there. And I'm able to compile and run the hello world example program in the xlib docs.

However, all of this only works if I'm root. If I'm not root, "chicken-setup -list" shows me nothing. If I try to compile I get an error that xlib does not exist.

Obviously, I should be able to compile without being root. What am I doing wrong?

Bill