Re: [Chicken-users] SRFI-42 and Importing in Chicken 4

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] SRFI-42 and Importing in Chicken 4
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:06:30 +0100

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 07:16:11PM -0600, Jack Trades wrote:
> I think I've got it.  So this is the correct way of importing?
>
> (require-library srfi-1)
>
> (module test (t d)
>   (import scheme)
>   (import (prefix srfi-1 lists.))
>
>   (define (t aList) (lists.take aList 3))
>   (define (d aList) (lists.drop aList 3)))
>
> However I still can't seem to install srfi-42.  It looks like chicken-setup
> is trying to get srfi-42 from the Chicken 3 repo?  Admittedly I have no clue
> what's going on here, or for that matter how to use chicken-setup (still a
> chicken newb).  Does srfi-42 still require the syntax-case extension?  If so
> that also gave me errors through chicken-setup.

Looking at the svn repos it seems that srfi-42 isn't ported to 4 yet.
Feel free to help out porting it :)

I'm not sure if chicken-setup is still the preferred way to install
eggs. I think Felix wrote a new tool, but I haven't tried it out yet
because chicken-setup still works fine for me (but I install from the
subversion tree, not from the http repos)

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx