Re: [Chicken-users] Newbie HTML-form questions

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Newbie HTML-form questions
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 08:38:13 +0900

Hello, Basile,

   html-form does not generate complete HTML pages, it only generates
SXML code for HTML forms, which then can be transformed to HTML using
the SRV:send-reply procedure from the sxml-transforms library. This
means it is still your responsibility to create the actual HTML page
header and footer, and so on.

   I have attached some code I use to generate HTML
files. template.scm contains the templates that are used to generate
HTML code, and site.scm contains the actual HTML pages. Make sure
template.scm and site.scm are in the same directory and run the code
like this:

  csi -s site.scm

This will output a shell script that when run, will create the .html
files defined in site.scm. This code is meant for creating static web
pages, and of course, you will need to modify it to suit your needs,
but I think template.scm will be basically unchanged. You can use the
generate-HTML procedure defined there to generate HTML in your
case. Let me know you have any further questions.

   -Ivan