[Chicken-users] svn head - buid problem on debian

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] svn head - buid problem on debian
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 12:54:42 +0100

Hi all,

my standard debian build method fails like this:

/home/jfw/build/Scheme/chicken/debian/tmp/usr/bin/chicken-install
-update-db
generating database

  cp -r /tmp/setup-15c.tmp/modules.db /var/lib/chicken/3/modules.db
cp: cannot create regular file `/var/lib/chicken/3/modules.db':
Permission denied
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"cp -r /tmp/setup-15c.tmp/modules.db /var/lib/chicken/3/modules.db"
256

I'd fix it, if I knew how this should be done.

But a) I can't find the "cp -r" command (about which I doubt the -r is
required, but it won't hurt).  Worse is b: which Makefile variable is
the prefix I should use and how do I pass it to chicken-install?

Thanks

/Jörg