Re: [Chicken-users] libchicken-static.lib (MSVC) is not static, and one

From: Ivan Shcheklein
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] libchicken-static.lib (MSVC) is not static, and one more question
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 13:33:18 +0300

Felix,

> 2. Provide one version and use /Zl (L-small) option. As far as I know it
> works pretty well since VS 2005. However, I haven't tested it by myself yet.

That would be a compiler option, not a linker option, correct?

Yes, that's right. MSDN states:

"You can use /Zl to compile .obj files you plan to put into a library. Although omitting the library name saves only a small amount of space for a single .obj file, the total space saved is significant in a library that contains many object modules."

AFAIK, it is availabe since VS 2003. However, it doesn't work properly in VS 2003.

> BTW, when will Chicken 4 become available?

Ok. I'll be waiting.

Regards,
Ivan Shcheklein