Re: [Chicken-users] Support for dynamically getting version from tags go

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Support for dynamically getting version from tags gone?
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:50:06 +0900

Hi Alejo,

  I think I made this change back when I was trying to fix the version
sorting routine in egg-post-commit. My apologies for not consulting
with you, I thought that you wouldn't mind since it was a "minor
change" in the setup script that did not affect the actual
library. Back then, I needed to get things to work rather quickly, and
the post-commit script was ignoring versions of eggs > 1.9, old bugs
were showing up and so on. It was quite annoying and led to my use of
brute force on the egg repository. I am glad to see you back on the
mailing list, I hope you will continue to maintain the wiki-related
eggs.

   -Ivan