Re: [Chicken-users] faster threading

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] faster threading
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:23:18 +0900

Jörg "F. Wittenberger" <address@hidden> writes:

> My conclusion: I begin a "Nuke copyright issues in my
> way!"-implementation of llrbtree.scm.

Left leaning red-black trees are definitely worth trying,
I'm looking forward to seeing your code!

Another alternative is skip lists.  Taylor Campbell has an
implementation at

  http://mumble.net/~campbell/scheme/skip-list.scm

which according to his benchmarks is much faster than
red-black trees (second-hand info, I haven't run the
benchmarks myself and the timings may be different for
Chicken).  The code is released in the Public Domain, so
licensing would not be a problem.

--
Alex