[Chicken-users] current base64 on chicken 3 incorrect?

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: [Chicken-users] current base64 on chicken 3 incorrect?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:51:32 -0400

Hi folks,

The current "base64" egg for Chicken 3 builds, but gives me incorrect
results. The non-working version is by Bailey, ported by Felix. (I
found an older version in Scheme by Felix that works correctly.)

Sorry for not debugging the problem, but attached is a test program
that runs (base64:encode) across a fixed input and compares with a
known output. (If you have the "base64" tool from coreutils, you can
verify my test files with  "base64 -w 0 base64-in | diff base64-out
-".) This succeeds with the old Felix code but fails with the current
Bailey code.

Best,
Graham