Re: [Chicken-users] Embedded Chicken

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Embedded Chicken
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:19:12 +0200

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 9:08 PM, John Van Enk <address@hidden> wrote:
> Has any one attempted to get Chicken working in an embedded environment?
> Mainly, something running directly on the hardware without an OS between
> Chicken and the registers. I've been quite interested in putting together a
> Scheme variant to replace C in embedded systems.

If you can provide something that acts as a libc replacement, then, why not?
There is a bunch of macros in chicken.h that can be redefined to provide
stub functions for all libc functions used in the runtime system (and compiled
code). It's a bit of work, though.

You should have hardware that isn't too constrained, of course.

cheers.