Re: [Chicken-users] tinyclos and the repl

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] tinyclos and the repl
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:53:05 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 24.07.2008, 07:19 -0700 schrieb Elf:
> are you using the eval unit and using the repl function contained
> therein, or
> did you roll your own repl?  also, you should be able to require the
> chicken-more-macros via (require 'chicken-more-macros) at the top.

Thanks a lot, the additional (require 'chicken-more-macros) right after
the (declare ...) did the trick.

(I'm using "load" as it is, so probably from eval.)

BTW: I noticed, that the SRFI-49 reference implementation (no matter how
bad that may feel on it's own - though I have a lot of single, simple
expressions embedded in XML attributes - there's it is a win for the
lazy programmer) - yeah, that implementation does not play nice with
chicken.  It assumes that it can call "read" on a port when peek-char
returns #\( and assumes that, once "read" read the expression, can
continue to read from the port right after the corresponding #\) .
Unfortunately chicken's read has already read from the port until the
next #\( - so the SRFI-49 code gets confused.  Does anybody have a nice
Scheme reader in pure Scheme or Chicken-Scheme at hand?

best regards

/Jörg