[Chicken-users] char=? question

From: William Ramsay
Subject: [Chicken-users] char=? question
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:58:57 -0400

A quick question.    I may be going going insane.

I have the following code:

     (define foo
        (lambda (v)
           (let
              ((wa (vector-ref v W1))
               (wb (vector-ref v W2)))

           (if  (> wb 0)
               (if  (char=? wa #\R)
                   (bar1  wa wb)
                   (bar2 wa wb))))))

This gets a char from the vector, checks to see if it is an R or an S and does it's thing. The problem is that the test for (char=? wa #\R) ALWAYS is false. The vector contains R's and S's. Testing the value of wa with (char? wa) is true.

What on earth is going on and what else can I use to check for an R or an S????

Bill