Re: [Chicken-users] Anyone tried using datadraw with Chicken?

From: Matthew Welland
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Anyone tried using datadraw with Chicken?
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 21:18:44 -0700

On Friday 23 May 2008 05:04:40 am Joshua Griffith wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Have you tried using an in-memory SQLite3 database rather than working
> from disk?  Also, are you pre-compiling and caching your statements?
> Both of these will dramatically speed things up.

I have pre-compiled/cached the statements (by which I assume you mean
sqlite:prepare) and I have turned synchronous access off. This made a huge
difference (over a day to hours). I didn't think to try in-memory but since
I need to write the data back out I suspect the overall speed up may not be
great. It is worth a try though. Thanks.

Matt
-=-