Re: [Chicken-users] New immediate values (was: DBI)

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] New immediate values (was: DBI)
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 00:40:51 -0500

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> When you look for a generic "null" or "void" object, that is used for a
> particular library, then any unique value is sufficient, whether immediate
> or not.

I agree; however, this is not a matter of a particular library, but
of a large number of libraries, not all of which have anything to do
with databases.

> As I already replied to Graham, immediacy vs. non-immediacy is
> an implementation detail and shouldn't concern us here.

I have already conceded this point.  The issue is having a unique object
universally available that is of a disjoint type.

--
A mosquito cried out in his pain,               John Cowan
"A chemist has poisoned my brain!"              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan