Re: [Chicken-users] documentation issues...

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] documentation issues...
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:27:46 +0100

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 02:19:46PM -0600, Jim Ursetto wrote:
> Select all in the preview window, cut and paste to Emacs or Vim, edit, and
> paste the text back to the wiki. I do it all the time, and it solves every one
> of these issues. (Modern browsers handle most of them, too.) You can also use
> `svn up` for the import step, but the preview window is still preferable to
> `svn ci` as you can see the result, unless you're making a small change or
> like
> to live dangerously.

How primitive! :)

I use this little script, I think Mario gave to me.

#!/usr/pkg/bin/csi -s

(use stream-wiki)

(define (read-wiki text)
  (with-output-to-string
    (lambda ()
      (write-stream
       (wiki->html
        (string->stream text)
        stream-null "" (constantly stream-null) (lambda (name tail) tail)
        (make-hash-table) (make-html-header 1) (constantly stream-null)
        (constantly #t) (make-hash-table)
        (lambda (url)
          (string-append "?page=" (stream->string url))))))))

(let ((args (command-line-arguments)))
  (when (null? args)
    (print "usage: wiki2html.scm <wiki file>")
    (exit 1))
  (print
content=\"text/html; charset=utf-8\"/><link rel=\"stylesheet\"
type=\"text/css\" href=\"http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br/common-css\"/></meta>"

That way you can generate a simple preview locally.  You don't even
need network access if you download the CSS and modify the stylesheet
link.

Cheers,
Peter
--