Re: [Chicken-users] Comprehensive documentation rewrite

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Comprehensive documentation rewrite
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:46:11 +0900

  Then I don't understand what you mean by the peculiar phrase
"currently maintained". There are many eggs in the Chicken repository
that work perfectly fine and are not BSD licensed. If one of those is
discovered to have become broken because of changes in the core
Chicken functionality, then it will probably be fixed, maybe by the
original author, maybe by someone who is familiar with Chicken, or
maybe by a user interested in using that egg.

   Saying that most "currently maintained" eggs are BSD licensed
sounds as if the Chicken project officially only supports BSD eggs,
and that's not the case at all -- for instance, I will happily work on
fixing bugs in any egg in the Chicken repository, except for the ones
marked obsolete. If that is not is the meaning you intended, then what
is the meaning of this "currently maintained" construct?

  -Ivan