Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:06:18 +0900

  That's a good idea. I like the distinction of community-supported
vs. single-author-supported eggs. Something along those lines that
could probably be done easily is to extend chicken-setup to support
egg popularity counts. Each time chicken-setup is invoked to install
an egg from the main Chicken page, the popularity count for that egg
is increased, so that people can see which are the most commonly used
eggs. This could also help with testing new releases of Chicken,
because we would know which are the most important eggs to test.

  -Ivan