Re: [Chicken-users] Comprehensive documentation rewrite

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Comprehensive documentation rewrite
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:28:53 -0600

We /already had this/.  In the distant mists of time, we had something called
'eggdoc' which could convert to svnwiki format and Texinfo for proper
navigation.  But it was too hard to use, and it made community participation
more difficult.  It is an evolutionary dead end.  It was a good decision to
move away from it and to the wiki, even at the cost of some features.

[You can see the pdfs from every egg available at the time here.
 http://3e8.org/zb/eggs/eggdoc-texinfo/output/pdf/ ]

Since then I've developed my own hybrid eggdoc/wiki markup which is
approximately ten thousand times easier to deal with than eggdoc, while
maintaining about the same semantic load.  But really, who hasn't?
Parsers and doc formats are a dime a dozen; it's the
infrastructure that counts.