Re: [Chicken-users] printf in libchicken.a ?

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] printf in libchicken.a ?
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:03:20 -0800

On Jan 24, 2008, at 9:56 AM, John Cowan wrote:

Alex Queiroz scripsit:

On Jan 24, 2008 3:16 PM, Rick Taube <address@hidden> wrote:
hi are 'printf' and friends supposed to be in libchicken.a ?? I cant tell from the documentation about unit 'extras' if its supposed to be
in the lib or not. im attempting to statically link to libchicken.a
on osx/ppc but printf fprintf and sprintf dont get resolved.

     I don't believe that Chicken's printf results in a _printf
symbol. The problem seems to be the lack of libc's printf.

Does OS X even have a static libc?

No - only "/usr/lib/libc.dylib".

My understanding was that support for
static linking of any sort on OS X is minimal to the point of uselessness.

Yes, Apple policy.

--
John Cowan  address@hidden  http://ccil.org/~cowan
Female celebrity stalker, on a hot morning in Cairo: