Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:51:50 +0900

  Isn't it redundant to say "The compiler ... supports tail
recursion"? After all, if the compiler didn't support tail recursion,
it wouldn't be a Scheme compiler. I also find the first sentence to be
rather cumbersome, and I think the two strongest points of Chicken are
the FFI and the availability of hundreds of eggs. How about the
following:

        Chicken Scheme includes an R5RS-conformant compiler and
        interpreter.  The Chicken library system contains hundreds of
        convenient modules for practical use, with new modules being
        added daily.  Chicken also includes a very flexible and
        efficient interface to C and C++. The compiler generates
        portable C code and supports first-class continuations and
        lightweight threads. The interpreter allows interactive use,
        fast prototyping, debugging, and scripting.  Extensive
        documentation is available.