Re: [Chicken-users] Friendlier Chicken for Win32

From: Bob McIsaac
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Friendlier Chicken for Win32
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:35:26 -0500

Alex Sandro Queiroz e Silva wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> Harri Haataja escreveu:
>> On 19/12/2007, Alex Sandro Queiroz e Silva <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>>      Based on my previous (program-filename) patch, I have created a
>>> chicken dist for win32 that can be dropped anywhere. csc automatically
>>> finds the Chicken compiler, includes and libs. This package may make
>>> the
>>> life of first-time Chicken users easier. It is in [1].
>>>
>>> [1] - http://www.ventonegro.org/chicken/
>>>

>> Sounds nice. This still requires a gcc somewhere?
>>

>     Yes, for compiled Chicken-generated C files.
>
> Cheers,
> -alex
Hi:

You get mingw32 and gcc 3.4.2 when you install DevCpp from
http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html/.  It's a no brainer install which
gives you a nifty IDE as a bonus.

The only downside is no auto-config tools so you must create  IDE
project(s) or a custom external Makefile.

I mention this possibility because many free softwares rely on mingw but
it does not work for some people. I am one of the mingw-challenged.  :-)

-Bob-