Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?

From: Stephen Eilert
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 17:52:46 -0300

felix winkelmann escreveu:
On Dec 20, 2007 11:50 AM, Tobia Conforto <address@hidden> wrote:
Robin Lee Powell wrote:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/chicken-bin

It certainly seems production quality and decently performant to me;
does the Chicken community still agree with the statements there?
I find them biased and misleading.  Those statements, coupled with the
maintainer's laziness in updating the packages, are probably turning
quite a few people away from Chicken.  Either he is acting in bad faith,
or he's lost interest in it.  In any case I would welcome a change.

I actually contacted the maintainer a while ago asking for a change
of the description - AFAIK he wanted to do that but perhaps he forgot.

Perhaps it would be best for us to brainstorm what the new description is going to be and then submit it once it is complete, for them to review and include in the new packages.

In addition, the description should say something about Chicken itself. As it stands, anyone who has read Cheney's paper probably already knows about Chicken, so it should be more of a footnote. There's no mention about eggs either, and that (along with the C generation) should be one of the major selling points.

Stephen