Re: [Chicken-users] Removal of deprecated features

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Removal of deprecated features
Date: 19 Nov 2007 18:19:36 -0200

Hi,

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:11:49 +0100 "felix winkelmann" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The following procedures and macros have now been removed in the
> trunk version of chicken:
>
>   extension-info
>   print-backtrace
>   test-feature?
>   ___callback (chicken.h + easyffi)
>   foreign-callback-lambda[*]
>   thread-deliver-signal!
>   critical-section
>   enable-interrupts
>   disable-interrupts
>   invalid-procedure-call-handler
>
> These have been deprecated for quite some time. If you use any of
> them, please consider using the current functionality (all of the
> mentioned definitions have alternatives).

I've quickly searched for occurrences of these procedures and macros
in the repository and found that some eggs still use them:

  extension-info: egg-post-commit, meta-setup, modules, numspell, peep,
                  remote-launch, sparse-vectors, stream-flash-tree-map

  test-feature?: fp, http, simple-macros, syntax-case

  foreign-callback-lambda[*]: gtk2, iconv, tcc

  thread-deliver-signal!: suspension

  critical-section: mailbox

  invalid-procedure-call-handler: object-apply

Some false-positives or omissions may apply.

It would be nice if authors could release their eggs with the
alternative procedure/macros (i.e., the ones which are not
deprecated), so we can avoid eggs breakage when the current trunk
becomes the stable release.

Best wishes,
Mario