Re: [Chicken-users] stable version?

From: Blake McBride
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] stable version?
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:36:50 -0500

I definitely second that!

Blake McBride

Dan Muresan wrote:
MSVC support is gone. The Microsoft compilers are not particularly
robust (in particular there have been problems with VC 7.0 Express,
IIRC). Maintaining the build for the inadequate and hard to automate

While I understand your annoyance with MSVC, it's nevertheless an important environment, and I maintain that supporting it lends more credence to Chicken in the industry. I understand that you do not wish to spend time on it. I still hope "we" (the community) will be able to restore this feature at some point.

If it's just the build tools that create problems, that may not be such a big impediment. There are command line tools for the MSVC compiler, and requiring GNU make for Windows to be installed would not be too onerous.

Best,
Dan