Re: [Chicken-users] Bundling chicken.

From: Robin Lee Powell
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Bundling chicken.
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:07:00 -0700

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 08:25:16AM +0200, felix winkelmann wrote:
> On 7/15/07, Robin Lee Powell <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >I've got an app that is almost 1.0 ready.  I've seen the page on
> >what C files you have to bundle to allow things to be compiled by
> >people that don't have Chicken, but what I'm unclear on is what
> >you have to do to allow people to run an app that includes eggs.
> >Can anyone give me pointers?
>
> What eggs are you using for the app?

(use xmms2client)
(use lolevel)
(use srfi-1)
(use fmt)
(use cdk)
(use utils)

Two of those (cdk and xmms2client) are my own, which I'm intending
to release as part of this.  The cdk binding is far from complete,
but should be easy to build on if people ask for things.  The
xmms2 xmmsclient binding is fairly complete.

> It is generally no problem to create a set of .c files for
> distribution, but (as you can probably guess) the process of
> compiling the right files with the right options isn't always very
> consistent.

I had guessed that, yes.

> Also, what platforms do you want the code to build/run on?

I'd be fine with restricting it to x86 Linux; anyone else can go get
Chicken.

-Robin

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/