Re: [Chicken-users] Suggestion for new egg: Wings!

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Suggestion for new egg: Wings!
Date: 06 Jul 2007 00:07:42 -0300

Hi Alaric and folks,

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 01:23:00 +0100 Alaric Snell-Pym <address@hidden> wrote:

> An arguments declaration might look like this:
>
> (positional
>    ((user-id integer))
>   named
>    ((comment-id "c" optional integer)
>     (search-terms "s" optional string))
>   data-sources
>    ((user userdb (user-id))
>     (comment comments optional (comment-id))))
>
> What this means is:
>
> * If there is a path component AFTER the script name - eg, "1" in
> http://www.example.com/test.ws/1 - then it's passed through string-
>  >integer and bound to "user-id". If it's not present, we generate a
> 404 Not Found. If it's present but not a valid integer, then the page
> just returns with a 404 Not Found.
>
> * If there is a GET variable called "c" then it's likewise processed
> as an integer and bound to comment-id. Otherwise, comment-id is bound
> to nil.

If I understand correctly, this is somewhat similar to a sort of url
dispatcher once I implemented (without type declarations) but never
bothered to use:
http://schemers.ucpel.tche.br/mario/url-dispatcher.html (code at
http://schemers.ucpel.tche.br/mario/url-dispatcher.scm).

It supports environments (something like namespaces for URLs mapped to
Scheme procedures), has some syntax for defining URL mappings and
handles GET and POST variables.

A hacked http:find-resource is required (not a good approach -- it
would be better implemented using a special fallback-handler).

Hope it makes sense.

Best wishes,
Mario