Re: [Chicken-users] preferred gui library

From: Alex Queiroz
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] preferred gui library
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 13:59:50 -0300

Hallo,

On 7/3/07, Martin DeMello <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm not really focused on a "professional" GUI - what I need is
i. A reasonably complete set of bindings
ii. A pleasant GUI development experience (I'd use OCaml, but lablgtk
is pretty ugly)
iii. The ability to deliver native executables on Linux and Windows at
least, preferably OS X as well

    I was looking for something:

+ With native controls;
+ MIT or BSD-licensed;
+ Lightweight and *just* a GUI;
+ C, not C++;
+ Works in Linux & Windows, at least.

    I couldn't find anything that covered all of this, so started an
IUP[1] binding. Unfortunately, under X11, it uses OpenMotif as a
backend, but the upcoming 3.0 version will have GTK+ as well. So far,
OpenMotif works for me.
    Although the API is very small, the egg is far from finished
though, so probably this is not what you want. Otherwise, feel free to
ask more.

[1] - http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/

-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/