Re: [Chicken-users] install sdl.egg with mingw32?

From: Brandon Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] install sdl.egg with mingw32?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:55:08 -0400

On 6/25/07, Brandon Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

Third.  I can't remember if I got it working or not.   I remember
doing it under MSYS, because compiling SDL under straight MinGW wasn't
possible and I didn't know if I could just use MSVC binaries.  Anyways
it was a PITA because of all the needed SDL components.  I've migrated
mostly to a laptop now, and haven't set up MSYS there, nor do I want
MSYS, or SDL for that matter, so I got lazy about responding to this.
I suppose I could try the straight MSVC binaries and see if they work
though.

Actually there's a MinGW binary available for SDL itself, but not for
all those other SDL extension libraries that the SDL egg
monolithically requires.  I think it would be better if there's a SDL
egg that only does the base SDL library.  I've added ticket #257 about
this.  I'm not volunteering to work on it, I'm just noting the idea
for posterity.  I'm also bowing out of setting up a MinGW SDL
environment.  Too much work for something I don't wish to use.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every