Re: [Chicken-users] memcached

From: Alaric Snell-Pym
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] memcached
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:21:03 +0100

On 20 Jun 2007, at 11:05 am, Dan Muresan wrote:

That's why my generic cache interface is intended to be a front-end
to different cache implementations, with a common interface, and some
tools built on top of that interface (such as memoizing functions).

Yes, I understand the philosophy, but before you can make a generic
API, one should study several concrete examples and generalize from
their needs. Currently, you have a single example (your own
memcached). So I'm a little wary...

Ah, a valid point. Well, I do have another example, the cache in
spiffy, which is the in-memory LRU implementation I had in mind... I
was planning on a filesystem-based cache, too.

Well, for now, I'll finish the memcached egg (it seems to be
consensus that it needs its own egg), then we can talk about a
generic cache frontend later :-)

-- Dan

ABS

--