Re: [Chicken-users] CMakeLists.txt patch: fixes error which prevents con

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMakeLists.txt patch: fixes error which prevents configuring when no libffi present
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:00:18 +0200

Thanks, Will. Patch has been applied.

On 6/5/07, Will M Farr <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all,

I tried to build a new chicken from the latest darcs sources today,
and I couldn't get past the configure step of CMake.  The problem
seemed to be that I have no libffi, so the libffi test doesn't build,
and CMake won't let me go on and [c]onfigure.

I browsed through CMakeLists.txt, and found that when the test
doesn't build, CMake logs an actual error, rather than simply setting
a flag not to use libffi and sending a message to the screen.  The
attached patch (against today's darcs repo) fixes that problem: under
the patch, when the libffi test doesn't build, CMake simply sets the
WITHOUT_LIBFFI flag to TRUE, but doesn't report an error which
derails the entire configuration process.

Thanks,
Will