Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS Rant

From: Sunnan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS Rant
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:37:16 +0200

Kon Lovett wrote:

If I may be so bold, it seems the greatest issue is the "library" arena. Drop it. Define a core only. There is so many similar extensions of R5RS in std use that an agreeable R6RS would not be a rewrite of R5RS. (BTW, I think the full numeric tower & extended characters/strings should be core. Doesn't mean a compiler can't be told to not use them.)

What I miss most from R5RS is the user-visible way to include and/or define libraries. Today I use chicken and write (require-extension extension-names ...) but I'd love for this to be the same across most Schemes.

Sunnan