Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken manual in Texinfo format

From: chicken
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken manual in Texinfo format
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 01:12:26 +0000

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 12:43:28AM +0000, Alejandro Forero Cuervo wrote:

> Can you provide a simplistic example of how an egg would be documented
> in the wiki using these tags and what the actual html produced would
> be?
>
> Thanks!

Is it possible to have syntax along the lines of the following
example. Basically, I want to have fixed section names and some code
that checks that all of the required sections are present in the wiki
page. Also, it would be nice to have something like the procedure and
symbol-table formatting elements in eggdoc. And I would prefer that
the HTML generated out of this is as close to the that produced by
the eggdoc tool as possible. Or maybe generate sxml that is then parsed
using the eggdoc stylesheet? Anyway, here is the minimalistic example.

== Name
digraph

== Description
Directed graph in adjacency list format

== Author
[mailto:address@hidden|Ivan Raikov]
== History

* Version 1.3 Updated the roots procedure to match the documentation
* Version 1.0 Initial release

== Requires

[dyn-vector.html|dyn-vector]

== Usage
<code>(require-extension digraph)</code>

== Download
[digraph.egg|digraph.egg]

== Documentation

The digraph library is an implementation of a directed graph, where
the edges are stored as adjacency lists.

=== Directed graph procedures

The digraph object is created by procedure <code>make-digraph</code>,
which is the only user-visible procedure defined in this egg:

; Procedure: <code>make-digraph:: NAME INFO [NODE-LIST [SUCC-LIST [PRED-LIST]]]
-> SELECTOR</code>

 The returned selector procedure can take one of the following arguments:

     ; Describe name:   returns the graph name (string or symbol)
     ; Describe info:  returns the graph metadata (arbitrary type)

== Examples
<pre>
;; example adapted from graph example in the Boost library documentation
(require-extension srfi-1)
(require-extension digraph)
(define g (make-digraph 'depgraph "dependency graph"))
</pre>

== License