Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Choosing chicken

From: Harri Haataja
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Choosing chicken
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:06:32 +0300

On 03/06/07, Brandon Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
On 6/2/07, Jens Axel Søgaard <address@hidden> wrote:

> PLT has an automated build system that each night builds what is in
> the current SVN. You can download these builds from this page:
>      <http://pre.plt-scheme.org/installers/>
> Build errors are therefore caught *very* quickly.
Ouch well then they're certainly ahead in that respect.  Nightly
builds and automated testing systems are only wish list for Chicken.
CMake has the infrastructure to do all of that elegantly, but nobody
has the inclination to actually implement it.  I've had it as a task
in our bug tracker for awhile, but recently I abdicated responsibility
for it, as it's a huge task and I must look to more $$$$$ things right
now.

Is there anything like a build farm available or are the chicken
builds just done on some developers' machinery? I might actually be
interested in this, but don't know what I could deliver. This corner
looks like another spot where I might be able to attack chicken :)

--
I appear to be temporarily using gmail's horrible interface. I
apologise for any failure in my part in trying to make it do the right