[Chicken-users] Gtk with easyFFI

From: William Ramsay
Subject: [Chicken-users] Gtk with easyFFI
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:52:50 -0400

Hi,

I'm working extensively with Gtk+ in Chicken, using easyFFI. Everything is working fine as far as my program goes, but I have assertion error messages from Gtk at run time that I don't understand. For instance, if I put up a blank GtkEntry widget I get an assertion error:

(sched:6186): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_entry_set_text: assertion `text != NULL' failed

As I say, everything works as expected, but the error appears every time.
I also get:

(sched:6186): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack_start: assertion `child->parent == NULL' failed

which seems to be coming from toolbar buttons. I get the error every time the screen is drawn or redrawn, but the buttons look and work fine.

I can live with this, but obviously there is something wrong.

Chicken combined with Gtk is the best GUI programming system I have ever used, and I've used most of them. This is a great system with this one minor glitch....

Bill