Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken manual in Texinfo format

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken manual in Texinfo format
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 00:43:28 +0000

> I did in fact discover Graham's code, and I wrote some code to fill
> in the missing functionality [...].

Excellent! :-)

> How would you suggest that I go about creating a test harness for
> wiki->texi without having to create my own svnwiki site?

The following is an example of a simplistic program that converts its
input from wiki format to texi:

    (use stream-wiki)

    (write-stream (wiki->texi (port->stream)))

It should be noted that wiki->texi supports *a* *lot* of optional
parameters so the above example is, as I said, very simplistic.
Notably, the wiki extensions will be missing, so the parser will just
skip some tags (eg. “<br/>”).  If my example above is not enough for
what you want, let me know and I'll send more information.

> Also, you might want to consider implementing the eggdoc tags, which
> I find immensely useful when writing egg documentation -- perhaps
> this would facilitate the development of egg documentation on the
> wiki. I also like how eggdoc uses SXML -- why not follow its
> approach and just have a wiki->sxml converter and then converters
> for sxml to whatever.

Can you provide a simplistic example of how an egg would be documented
in the wiki using these tags and what the actual html produced would
be?

Thanks!

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/