Re: [Chicken-users] paramater limit

From: Dmitry Lizorkin
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] paramater limit
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:17:15 +0400

Hello!

...I'm working with some GraphML
files (some of which are quite large).  Unfortunately, I'm running up
against the "(apply) parameter limit exceeded" error.  The offending
code looks like this:

(map
  (lambda (n) (display (string-append (string-trim-both n) nl)))
            ((txpath "//edge/@target") (SSAX:XML->SXML (open-input-file
                        "001Grant-gml.xml") '())))

Can you provide a traceback? It's not clear to me where the (apply) is
happening.

The parameter limit problem was probably caused by the sxml:attribute function defined in "sxpathlib.scm". You can try the modified definintion of this function, as follows:

(define (sxml:attribute test-pred?)
 (let ((fltr (sxml:filter test-pred?)))
   (lambda (node)
     (map-union
      (lambda (node) (fltr (sxml:attr-list node)))
      (as-nodeset node)))))

Regards,
Dmitry