[Chicken-users] (address->pointer)

From: William Ramsay
Subject: [Chicken-users] (address->pointer)
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 08:26:33 -0400

Hi Felix,

Using (address->pointer number) does indeed do what I want. It allows me to pick up a user supplied integer in my "define-external" code. However, it has
a rather bad side-effect.    The code is handled in a dialog box.   Using

   (g_signal_connect cbut "color-set" #$setColor (address->pointer 1))

will send a 1 to setColor, but it also wipes out my dialog pointer and crashes the
system on Cancel or Save when I try to destroy it.

Using (g_signal_connect cbut "color-set" #$setColor #f) works fine. Adding
(address->pointer 1) is the only  difference.

Bill